One of our long term clients are currently looking to add to their team with the appointment of an experienced Applications Developer. This permanent staff post will hold responsibility for planning, design and development of IT solutions to meet operational and support requirements. It’s a great opportunity to join an existing team in a varied role where you’ll be involved in software engineering across a wide range of applications.
Strategy & Planning
- Assist in the planning, design, development and deployment of new applications and enhancements to existing information systems.
- Meet with decision makers, product owners, and end users to define business requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve related information systems issues.
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of new solutions with existing information systems.
- Review and analyse the effectiveness and efficiency of existing information systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging them.
- Create system design proposals.
- Create systems models, specifications, diagrams and charts to aid the communication of design requirements to product owners and third-party development resources.
- Coordinate development work with third-party development resources as necessary.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth testing, including end-user reviews, for modified and new information systems.
- Assist with the production of orientation and training to end users for all modified and new information systems.
- Assist with the ongoing support of information systems (new and existing) as necessary.
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software solutions, systems, or products.
- Experience with agile development methodologies (e.g. Scrum).
- Experience with rapid application development tools, (e.g. OutSystems).
- Working technical knowledge of SQL (Microsoft SQL Server preferred).
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
For more information, please apply on-line today.
|Job Category||Full Time, Permanent|