Sword partner with private and public sector organisations across Finance, Energy, Manufacturing, Media and Government who count on the Sword team to deliver innovative solutions and services.
Our Edinburgh based Financial Services client has engaged Sword to support a programme of business activity relating to service delivery, software asset management, configuration and change management. To support this programme of work, we are keen to augment our existing team with the addition of a number of key resources. These roles are offered on an ongoing contract or permanent staff employee basis and carry attractive salary and contractor day rates.
- Support and co-ordinate the day-to-day running of configuration management activities.
- Maintaining the configuration management system, including the configuration management database (CMDB), ensuring that appropriate data, forms and configuration items (CIs) are available for use by all authorised personnel
- Liaising with Project Managers and internal/external stakeholders to maximise service quality and efficiency
- Performing detailed and/or complex manipulation and analysis of Configuration data, highlighting and prioritising any issues for further investigation and preparing reports to support decision making
Skills & experience:
- An excellent understanding of change and configuration management disciplines and their practical use.
- Experience working with automated discovery tools
- Experience QA checking CMDB entries and correcting errors
- Worked within an ITIL framework
- Experience working in a large and complex environment
- Whilst not essential, exposure to ServiceNow or Remedy would be highly advantageous.
Alongside a competitive salary, our staff colleagues benefit from an attractive pension and healthcare package. In terms of contractor rate, this will be commensurate with the level of experience required. This post will be based in our clients first class Edinburgh city centre offices and you will therefore also benefit from a great working environment and the opportunity to work alongside an experienced, motivated and talented team.
For more details, please apply on-line today
|Job Category||Contract, Full Time, Permanent|