Sword IT Solutions partner with private and public sector organisations across Finance, Energy, Manufacturing, Media and Government who count on the Sword team to deliver innovative solutions and services. We are specialists in the delivery of Information Management strategy and services and currently have an opportunity to join one of our Energy sector teams in one newly created staff role andf another 6 month fixed term contract position.
The primary purpose of the Document Controller role is to ensure the delivery and maintenance of efficient and effective information and documentation processes for our client as part of a long term managed service contract.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Issuing Document Numbers within EDMS
- Performing quality checks of documentation prior to capture/issuance
- Capturing Documents within EDMS
- Internal and external distribution of company and vendor documents
- Facilitating the return of comments internally/externally
- Produce reports on documentation status
- Archiving and handling new submissions and archive retrievals
- Assisting in EDMS training when required
- Work with peers to create (where necessary) and maintain work instructions
- Work closely with asset teams to gauge workload and priorities (i.e. document reviews)
- Excellent communication required with all internal and external parties
Skill-set and personal attributes:
- 3+ years relevant experience in a Document Control role within an Oil & Gas Operator setting.
- Proficient in document management, data management and information management for operated assets and capital projects
- Proficient in use of Electronic Document Management Systems
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of the Document Control function
- Awareness of the different types of technical documents such as P&IDs and their purpose
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise in order to meet deadlines as is necessary
- Excellent MS Office skills – particularly MS Word
- Strong interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
Alongside a competitive salary, our colleagues benefit from an attractive pension and healthcare package. This post will be based on-site with our Oil & Gas Operator client and will therefore also benefit from a great working environment and the opportunity to work alongside an experienced, motivated and talented team.
For further details, please apply on-line today.
Sword IT Solutions do not use external recruitment agencies. Please apply directly.