Sword IT Solutions provides Digital Transformation, Information Management and IT Support services to the Energy, Public and Commercial sectors throughout the UK, employing over 200 people across its 3 primary locations in Aberdeen, Edinburgh and London.
To support continued growth and significant recent contract and procurement channel awards we have an opportunity for a Junior – Mid Level .NET Developer to join our London team. Working as part of project delivery teams or directly with clients across a wide variety of sectors, the role will be focused on new software developments but with an element of support and enhancement for existing customer solutions.
This position would suit a strong .NET developer who has a history of successfully building data-driven web-applications for SME’s using the Microsoft toolset; ideally using the Azure stack but training will be provided for strong developers with experience of IIS and SQL Server wishing to learn Azure.
The following skills and experience must be demonstrated:
- Keen to participate in requirements gathering and application design sessions.
- Can quickly adapt to customer environments and ways of working when onsite.
- Works well on their own or as part of a team, including virtual team-working using Skype.
- Good communicator – can explain concepts clearly in both technical and non-technical language depending on the audience.
- Enthusiastic about using technology to make a difference and able to help lead innovative thinking.
- Researches solutions to problems under own steam before asking for help, but knows when to put their hand up for assistance.
Full-stack experience of developing business application software using a combination of the following skills:
- Very good: ASP.NET Web Forms & MVC applications development using C# .NET
- Very good: Visual Studio (ideally 2017)
- Good: Database schema design & T-SQL development SQL Server or SQL Azure
- Good: UX / UI design and development
- Good: SharePoint Configuration & Development
- Exposure to Entity Framework and Dependency Injection (ideally Unity)
- Experience of loosely-coupled, layered architectures
- Exposure to design patterns
- Creating Azure services, including: WebApps, SQL Azure, Service Bus, Storage, Virtual Machines
- Working knowledge of TFS, Visual Studio Team Services or GIT
- Telerik UI controls for ASP.NET AJAX or MVC
- SharePoint development using CSOM / JSOM
- Angular JS, React or similar
- Has worked on Agile projects or a professional software development environment
Nice to Have:
- Mobile development – native or Xamarin Forms
- Graphic design skills, specifically web UI page layouts, icons and styling.
- UI wire-framing
- Oracle PL-SQL (ability to understand existing code for migration to SQL Server)
For further details, please apply on-line today.
|Job Category||Full Time, Permanent|