Sword IT Solutions provides Digital Transformation, Information Management and IT Support services to the Energy, Public and Commercial sectors throughout the UK, employing over 200 people across its 3 primary locations in Aberdeen, Edinburgh and London.
To support continued growth and significant recent contract awards we have an opportunity for a .NET Support Developer to join our Aberdeen team.
The Support Developer will be based at the Sword Offices in Aberdeen and remotely support clients UK wide to troubleshoot and fix software related issues, primarily for web-based applications written using .NET, some of which interface with SharePoint.
This position would suit a mid-level .NET developer with strong experience of developing for the web, configuring SharePoint and remotely supporting client business applications.
The following skills and experience must be demonstrated:
- Professional, polite and great communicator sensitive to customer needs
- Can quickly adapt to customer environments and ways of working
- Works well on their own or as part of a team, including virtual team-working using Skype and remote desktop access
- Good communicator – can explain concepts clearly in both technical and non-technical language depending on the audience.
- Enthusiastic about using technology to make a difference and able to help lead innovative thinking.
- Researches solutions to problems under own steam before asking for help, but knows when to put their hand up for assistance.
Full-stack experience of developing and supporting business application software using a combination of the following skills:
- Very good: Logical troubleshooting of code-based issues, root cause analysis & planning to fix
- Very good: ASP.NET Web Forms & MVC applications development using C# .NET
- Very good: Visual Studio (ideally 2017)
- Good: Database schema design & T-SQL development SQL Server or SQL Azure
- Good: SharePoint on-premise / Online configuration and simple customisation
- Some: UX / UI design and development
- Angular JS, React or similar
- Exposure to Entity Framework and Dependency Injection (ideally Unity)
- Exposure to design patterns
- Exposure to Azure AppService, SQL Azure, Azure Active Directory
- SharePoint development using custom web-parts & CSOM / JSOM
Nice to Have:
- Mobile development – native or Xamarin Forms
- Graphic design skills, specifically web UI page layouts, icons and styling.
For further information, please apply on-line today.
|Job Category||Full Time, Permanent|