This is not a business as usual App’s role and if you’re looking for an easy ride closing down support tickets, please look elsewhere. However, if you’ve gained an enviable technical tool-kit around ERP, Apps Development, SQL and the platforms they need to operate effectively, coupled with first class communication and analysis skills, this might be that ‘something different’ you’ve been looking for.
In support of an innovative programme of greenfield development and enhancement to existing business systems, one of Aberdeen’s key Oil & Gas Service Companies has an opportunity for an experienced Software Applications Analyst to join their team. The role will have oversight for the planning, design, development, and ongoing management of all IT business applications and to be considered for this senior staff opportunity, you should be able to demonstrate a high level of commercial acumen, proven communication, analysis and problem-solving skills as well as the following technical knowledge and experience…
- Proven experience in overseeing the design and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
- Proven experience with software development toolsets.
- Working technical knowledge of Microsoft SQL, ERP solutions.
- Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems
- Working knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards
- Extensive experience with core software applications,
Here’s what the role will look like…
- Assist in the planning, design, and development of new applications and enhancements to existing applications.
- Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve business systems issues.
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of computing systems.
- Review and analyse the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Assist in the deployment of new applications and enhancements to existing applications.
- Conduct research on applications to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Create system design proposals.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Create systems models, specifications, diagrams and charts to provide direction to system programmers.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems.
- Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems.
Sword IT Solutions are supporting recruitment for this role, for a confidential discussion regards this opportunity, please apply on-line today.
|Job Category||Full Time, Permanent|