Sword IT Solutions are a trusted partner to a significant number of Oil & Gas sector clients in Aberdeen and employ teams of talented individuals who deliver Infrastructure solutions which keep our clients systems up and running.
We have a newly created opportunity for an experienced Storage Engineer to join one of our Oil & Gas Operator clients in a permanent staff role.
Here’s what the role will look like…
- Supervision and management of IT systems in a high availability environment, ensuring systems are operating with maximum reliability and efficiency.
- Build and configuration of servers and workstations to a defined standard.
- Supervision and management of Unix/Linux server systems
- Supervision and management of Enterprise storage systems
- Installation and management of relevant server-based applications.
- Make recommendations to the business with regard to future requirements for those systems, including potential upgrades and replacements.
- Operating within the wider IT Operations team, including compliance with company processes, administration and procedures.
… and here’s a breakdown of the relevant technical experience required to be considered for this post
- Demonstrable experience with the management of relevant systems/technologies, including but not limited to:
- Unix/Linux server systems
- Enterprise storage systems such as NetApp, DataDomain
- Virtualisation technologies on Enterprise storage
For further details regards this role, please apply on-line today.
|Job Category||Full Time, Permanent|