Sword IT Solutions provides Digital Transformation, Information Management and IT Support services to the Energy, Public and Commercial sectors throughout the UK, employing over 200 people across its 3 primary locations in Aberdeen, Edinburgh and London.
We are currently looking to add an experienced Software Systems Analyst to one of our existing, client focused teams on an ongoing contract basis.
Building on a successful existing product, you will be tasked with producing the next generation of applications and services for our clients organisation. You will be expected to bring skills related to modern software design and development concepts, working within a mature Architecture team, with a mix of permanent and contract resource.
Working closely with your peers you will be responsible for ensuring effective and efficient use of the existing systems and software through analysis and assessment of solutions and business requirements.
- To work closely with the Architecture team, Business Analysts, developers and 3rd party solution providers to identify, translate and document requirements to the systems and technical teams in the form of design documents
- Critically evaluate, challenge & analyse the information gathered and apply this to best practice design concepts
- To ensure that the Programme design principles are adhered to and solution components are reused wherever possible
- Collaborate with all areas of IT and Business Change to produce high quality design documentation
- Ensure all design documentation is of a suitable level and quality for approval by the Technical Design Authority
Relevant skills and experience
Experience of leading the delivery of IT solutions, having worked closely with BAs, Designers, Developers and Architecture to ensure that the technical design of the solutions are aligned to the overall technology roadmap and meets the business needs
- Able to demonstrate a high level of experience in translating business requirements into functional specifications, and collaborating in the production of design documentation
- Experience of working within the control of a Technical Design Authority
- Experience of working within an Agile project methodology would be an advantage
- Progressed in their career via a development / technical background as opposed to a more business focused career
Thorough understanding of the following technologies: –
- XSD schemas
- SQL Server 2008 onwards
- No SQL Database technologies for example MongoDb
- Integration with backend admin systems
An understanding of the following concepts and technologies: –
- Continuous integration – GIT, Team City
- Software development and delivery – C#, ASP.NET
- Application integration – Web.API / SOAP
- User experience – HTML 5, CSS
- Experience with application, integration and database technologies. Ideally with detailed knowledge of web application frameworks and Microsoft technologies
- Ability to demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills including persuasive, influencing, motivational and negotiation skills, at all levels including Executive level
- Ability to effectively present complex and contentious information in a way that is understood at all levels
- Able to juggle multiple priorities, using own initiative and motivation to meet deadlines and set priorities in a fast paced environment
- Must be pro-active, adaptable and results driven, organised, detail focused and accurate
For further details, please apply on-line today.
|Job Category||Contract, Full Time|