Sword IT Solutions are a trusted partner to a significant number of Oil & Gas sector clients in Aberdeen and employ teams of talented individuals who deliver 1st, 2nd & 3rd line support to keep our clients systems up and running.
This role may suit an Infrastructure Engineer or a Senior Desktop Analyst looking to further develop their skill-set. This post will support our XRP team and will give you an opportunity to work across a number of Oil & Gas Operator sites, gaining exposure to a wide variety of operational processes and team structures. The XRP team deliver short and long term interim support to our clients whilst providing a great opportunity to further develop your technical skill-set.
Here’s what the roles will look like…
- Maintain server infrastructure to ensure minimal service disruption and the efficient running of customer’s business systems, by adhering to ITIL foundation principles or equivalent documented procedures.
- Ensure that customers data is fully protected in the event of a disaster or other event, by maintaining backup and other recovery systems while following relevant procedures.
- Consult with customers to design, enhance and develop server and infrastructure systems to create efficient business systems.
- Monitor systems to ensure efficient running, taking preventative measures where necessary.
- Respond to user/customer requests for changes to systems and infrastructure to meet business needs, following ITIL change principles or equivalent methodology.
To be considered for this opportunity you should be able to demonstrate…
- Ability to operate in highly complex environments
- Server and related infrastructure systems experience
- 5+ Years IT experience or equivalent
- Good communication and report writing skills
- Strong business / industry awareness
- Able to adapt easily to changing circumstances
- Awareness of ITIL or equivalent change management principles
For more information, please apply on-line today
|Job Category||Full Time, Permanent|