Sword UK sign up to the Scottish Business Pledge
Sword UK have joined hundreds of other Scottish organisations in committing to the Scottish Business Pledge, a value-led partnership between Government and Business in Scotland.
The pledge sets out to build stronger businesses in Scotland and incorporates a shared ambition of boosting productivity, competitiveness, sustainable employment, and workforce engagement and development.
The pledge is built on the following key aims:
- a commitment from the Scottish Government, and its partners, to support sustainable business growth in Scotland
- a voluntary code of business practice which you can use to guide and boost the future development of your company
- a mutual pledge to ensure that prosperity, innovation, fairness and opportunity develop hand in hand in Scotland
There are 9 pledges in total, covering the following:
- Adhering to the real living wage
- Avoiding the use of zero hour contracts
- Encouraging positive workforce engagement
- Providing flexible working and a balanced workforce
- Investing in young people through apprenticeship/internship programmes
- Innovation through the creativity and exploitation of new ideas
- Exploring opportunities through Internationalisation
- Giving back to the local community
- Efficient and prompt payment of invoices/bills
Sword UK are fully committed to supporting equality and diversity in the workplace along with actively encouraging workforce engagement, supporting a balanced workforce through flexible working, adhering to the real living wage, avoiding the use of zero hour contracts along with giving back to the local community through planned activities.
Debi Brocket, Sword UK account executive for Public Sector said “Our people are key to delivering successful business outcomes for our customer base in Scotland, therefore signing the Scottish Business Pledge reinforces our commitment to provision a supportive, inclusive and innovative workplace”
Catherine Froud Williams, HR Director added “The Scottish Business Pledge gives us the opportunity to learn and collaborate with other innovative, forward thinking Scottish Businesses. The initiative supports our underlying business values to successfully engage, respond and deliver at our highest potential for our employees, customers and the community”
For further information about the Scottish Business Pledge, please use the link below: