Sword partner with private and public sector organisations across Oil & Gas, Finance, Manufacturing, Media and Government who count on the Sword team to deliver innovative Information Technology and Information Management solutions and services.
Who we’re looking for…
Sword are looking to recruit an experienced Applications Developer to join our busy team on a permanent staff basis working for a range of our Oil & Gas clients in Aberdeen.
You will be a confident communicator who can interact directly with our clients at all levels, assessing their requirements effectively, working with our clients to deliver solutions and providing excellent service.
You will be customer-focussed with the ability to manage your own workload effectively to deliver and achieve client goals to a high standard.
The role will involve the day-to-day development, customisation, support and troubleshooting of an applications suite used within the Oil & Gas sector.
Here’s what the role will look like…
- You will be meeting with client decision makers, systems owners, and end-users to define business requirements and system goals.
- You will be solely responsible for the planning, design, and development of the applications suite, customising it to suit individual client requirements
- You will be developing innovative software solutions using the company development platform to meet specific business needs
- You will coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems, ensuring the product delivery meets a high standard
- You will also provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems
To be considered for this opportunity you should be able to demonstrate…
- Degree qualification in relevant IT subject
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an interest in understanding and optimising the user experience
- Proven experience in developing, customising and implementing software solutions, systems, or products
- Proven track record of delivering a consistent first-class service to customers
- Proven experience with software development toolsets such as:
o .NET / C#
o A minimum of 5 years .NET development experience
o Extensive SQL experience
- Complete end-end life-cycle experience and understanding of core project delivery methodologies
- Experience of integration with various third-party APIs
- Ability to accurately estimate task times.
- Ability to manage your own time and plan tasks accordingly
- A demonstratable track record of understanding and assisting an organisation’s goals and objectives.
- Prior experience working within an Oil & Gas environment is desirable.
What Sword offer…
Alongside a competitive salary, our staff colleagues benefit from a dedicated personal development plan as well as an attractive pension and healthcare package. This post will be based on site within our Oil & Gas clients and will therefore also benefit from great working environments and the opportunity to work alongside an experienced, motivated and talented teams.
For a confidential discussion regards this opportunity please apply on-line in the first instance.
|Job Category||Full Time, Permanent|