Company: Sword IT Solutions
Job Title: Applications Support Analyst
Job Type: Staff
About our company…
IT Solutions partner with private and public sector organisations across Finance, Energy, Manufacturing, Media and Government who count on the Sword team to deliver innovative solutions and services.
What we’re looking for…
We are looking to recruit an experienced Applications Support Analyst to join our busy team on a permanent staff basis working on projects for our Oil & Gas clients. The role will involve day-to-day support and troubleshooting of a range of Business Applications used within the Oil & Gas sector. We require a confident communicator who can assess our client’s requirements effectively, working with our clients to deliver solutions and providing excellent service.
Here’s what the role will look like…
- Assisting in the planning, design, and development of new applications and enhancements to existing applications.
- Meeting with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve business systems issues.
- Ensuring compatibility and interoperability of computing systems.
- Reviewing and analysing the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Assisting in the deployment of new applications and enhancements to existing applications.
- Conducting research on applications to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Developing software solutions using the company development platform to meet specific business needs.
- Creating system design proposals.
- Performing cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Creating systems models, specifications, diagrams and charts to provide direction to system programmers.
- Coordinating and performing in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems.
- Providing orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems.
To be considered for this opportunity you should be able to demonstrate…
- Degree qualification in relevant IT subject.
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven experience in overseeing the design and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
- Proven track record of delivering a consistent first-class service to customers
- Extensive experience with core software applications
- Proven experience with software development toolsets.
- Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems
- Working knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards
- A demonstratable track record of understanding and assisting an organisation’s goals and objectives.
- Prior experience working within an Oil & Gas environment is desirable.
- ITIL experience
- Understanding of core project delivery methodologies is desirable
What we offer…
Alongside a competitive salary, our staff colleagues benefit from a dedicated personal development plan as well as an attractive pension and healthcare package. This post will be based within our Oil & Gas Operator clients offices and will therefore also benefit from a great working environment and the opportunity to work alongside an experienced, motivated and talented team.
For a confidential discussion regards this opportunity please apply on-line in the first instance.
|Job Category||Full Time, Permanent|