Sword IT Solutions partner with private and public sector organisations across Finance, Energy, Manufacturing, Media and Government who count on the Sword team to deliver innovative solutions and services.
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Applications Support Analyst to support a body of work lasting 2-3 months with our Oil and Gas client. The role will involve day-to-day support and troubleshooting of a range of Business Applications used within the Oil & Gas sector and we will consider applicants on a contract basis.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist in the planning, design, and development of new applications and enhancements to existing applications.
- Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve business systems issues.
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of computing systems.
- Review and analyse the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Assist in the deployment of new applications and enhancements to existing applications.
- Conduct research on applications to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Develop software solutions using the company development platform to meet specific business needs.
- Create system design proposals.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Create systems models, specifications, diagrams and charts to provide direction to system programmers.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems.
- Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems.
Key skills and experience required include:
- Proven experience in overseeing the design and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
- Extensive experience with core software applications
- Proven experience with software development toolsets.
- Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems
- Working knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards
- Excellent understanding of the organisation’s goals and objectives.
For more information, please apply on-line today.
|Job Category||Contract, Full Time, Temporary|