Sword partner with private and public sector organisations across Oil & Gas, Finance, Manufacturing, Media and Government who count on the Sword team to deliver innovative Information Technology and Information Management solutions and services.
Here’s what the role will look like…
The Application Support Analyst provides application support services and service leadership to our client’s organisation for production, business & engineering and GGRE applications and also provides web application development and business intelligence services.
The Application & Web Support Analyst is accountable for the support and management of production, business and engineering and GGRE applications within our client’s organisation.
This role will also be primarily responsible for second level support of in house developed applications within the portfolio, coordinating application development priorities and liaising with 3rd party development providers.
Many of the developments will be small customer facing tools which provide our client’s access to data and other systems
Key responsibilities of this role…
- Provide frontline support for E&P business applications and services, the functional areas being hydrocarbon production management, hydrocarbon accounting, engineering tools, and real-time field data collection, subsurface, plus other discrete business applications.
- Support power users by providing data analysis using tools such as SQL.
- Assists in the development of reporting to address management requirements and KPIs.
- Ensures code and process compliance with company policies.
- Working with Business Analysts to understand business requirements in order to provide time assessments and create technical designs.
- Leads and executes service improvements.
- Work with the various disciplines of IT to ensure services meet business needs.
- Work with 3rd party vendors to ensure services meet business requirements; providing contract management support.
- Provide current use and projected demand of application services.
- Using ConocoPhillips change management processes to prevent unplanned production disruptions and outages.
- Review the range of existing solutions available and present options and recommendations to the business on which ones to use.
- Budgetary formulation and planning.
- Work with the business and IT to understand and communicate the implications of change control.
- Provide out of hours support via an on-call rota.
- Providing core hour support for custom BI reporting, dashboards and analytics.
- Providing core hour support for custom .Net web and desktop applications.
- Maintain corporate contacts and network and participate in knowledge sharing.
To be considered for this opportunity you should be able to demonstrate…
- Computing Science degree, B.Sc. or M.Sc. or comparable education. Non-computing education may be compensated with documented relevant experience of working in similar role for a production or operations facing IT organisation.
- IT experience within an Oil & Gas organisation
- Direct IT experience as a systems administrator or front front-line support of PI, Energy Components, Business Objects, SmartPlant EDW, Aveva, Landmark, Schlumberger and other significant E&P applications.
- Web or desktop application development and support experience using languages such as:
- Visual Studio
- Experience with
- RDBMS’s – Oracle an advantage.
- programming – HTML, PL/SQL.
- scripting – shell or application based.
- administration of Unix/Linux and/or Windows servers
- Knowledge of
- agile methodologies
- data modelling
- project management
- contract management
- Exposure to SAP, Business Objects, SAP BI, Power BI, Spotfire and Informatica.
- Excel skills.
- Strong communications and networking skills
- Highly developed influencing and interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated, self-reliant, problem solver
- Enthusiastic with a questioning and challenging attitude
- Analytical, planning and organisation competency
- Trouble Shooting Skills
- Ability to make rational decisions under pressure
- Influence customer demand
- Willingness to travel offshore as required.
|Job Category||Contract, Full Time, Permanent|