We are a growing IT solutions company with offices throughout the UK including Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow and London. We offer our employee’s great city centre based office locations, extensive training and personal development opportunities and an attractive salary and benefits package.
Sword have been in business for over 20 years, delivering innovative solutions and services in partnership with private and public sector organisations across the Finance, Energy, Manufacturing, Media and Government sectors. We pride ourselves in putting our customers and employees at the heart of everything we do.
We are currently looking to add an experienced Data Warehouse / Power BI Consultant to one of our existing, client focused teams on a permanent staff basis and the role can be based in any one of our Edinburgh, Glasgow or Aberdeen offices.
Working within the Professional Service Business Unit as a Data Warehouse and PowerBI Consultant, this position will suit somebody who has a successful track record of Consulting and Delivery with responsibility for aligning Data and Insight Solutions to the business requirements of strategically-valuable customers and prospects.
This role includes ownership of technical, commercial and service elements related to Data Warehouse design and PowerBI project engagements encompassing (but not limited to) gathering requirements, modelling complex data in SQL and DAX from Azure DB Services as well as on-premise environments including front end visualisation services via products such as Excel and PowerBI.
- Provide Consultancy to existing and prospective Clients as part of our existing commercial and services framework.
- Participate in the Architecture Design, Configuration and Delivery of Data Warehouse and PowerBi Services on a per Project or Tactical basis for our client base.
- Support the Sales Development Teams in understanding the capabilities of the Azure/SQL Services Stack, BI and Insight Services including the business benefit to our Customers, working in partnership throughout our Commercial Bid process and with the ability to work in parallel across a number of opportunities and new demand.
- Data Warehouse design and Architecture Patterns including SSRS/SSAS/SSIS/MDS
- Data Modelling competency via DAX and SQL
- Excellent theoretical and practical experience of PowerBI including surfacing of data from a variety of sources whether Cloud, Local store or on-prem direct through client-based Gateway services
We understand that our success is built on working with great people who are enthusiastic about the technologies that we deliver. We believe in providing engaging opportunities, rewarding innovation and supporting on-going professional development and accreditation.
For a confidential discussion regards this opportunity please apply on-line in the first instance.
Sword IT Solutions do not use external recruitment agencies. Please apply directly.
|Job Category||Full Time, Permanent|