Sword have been in business for over 20 years, delivering innovative solutions and services in partnership with private and public sector organisations across the Finance, Energy, Manufacturing, Media and Government sectors. We pride ourselves in putting our customers and employees at the heart of everything we do.
We are currently looking to add an experienced IT Project Manager to our Professional Services team based on client site in Edinburgh. The initial engagement for this role will run up until late 2020 and we will consider applications from both contractors and candidates interested in joining our organisation on a staff basis.
We have been engaged by a large Financial Services client to provide assurance around delivery of a key transformation programme. The programme covers a wide range of technologies and business areas aimed at removing risk, legacy and enabling strategic change.
This project management role is key to the successful delivery of the programme, ensuring that the business stakeholders and dependant projects have been engaged correctly, paving the way for the technical teams to undertake change tasks in a controlled manner.
This role will require: the ability to work with the business leads for each workstream and project deliverable; represent and define the impact and management of the associated changes; work with service teams in partnership to ensure that both business and IT change are taken into account and embedded into the delivery.
In terms of the technical tool-set required for the role you will need to be able to demonstrate the following…
- Experience with large-scale IT change programmes ideally within a large UK based banking or Financial Services organisation.
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools.
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Excellent active listening skills.
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships.
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills.
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organisation.
- Must be an experienced team player and be able to work collaboratively with and through others.
If you’d like to find out more about this opportunity, please apply on-line today.
Sword don’t use external recruitment agencies, please apply directly for more details.
|Job Category||Contract, Full Time, Permanent|