We are a growing IT solutions company with offices throughout the UK including Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow and several sites in London. We offer our employee’s extensive training and personal development opportunities and an attractive salary and benefits package.
We are looking to add a highly experienced IT Support Technician to our internal support team and would like to invite applicants interested in delivering a first class service to everyone from our management team to new starts beginning their career with Sword.
This role will be primarily based from our modern offices adjacent to Staines railway station, although it is envisaged that there will be occasional travel to our network of offices throughout the UK and on-site support across our customer sites in London.
You’ll bring a positive “can-do” attitude, be able to multitask, think on your feet and manage your own workload.
• Respond to user queries and ensure responses are timely and accurate.
• Install and repair desktops, laptops and manage additional hardware and software.
• Manage 3rd party vendors.
• Prepare all IT equipment for new starters.
• Involvement in new releases of business application software, capturing end user requirements and configuring, testing and integrating as necessary.
• Working on projects generally focused on coordinating system upgrades, helping identify ways to improve current processes and testing and evaluating new technologies.
• Creating procurement requisitions and sourcing hardware and software from vendors in line with approved standards.
• Configuration and maintenance of network printing and multi-function devices.
• Ensure that application support documentation is maintained and new documentation is created where required.
• Documentation of system admin procedures, and utilities for end users.
• Previous experience within an IT support environment.
• Experience of technical user support, including software and hardware troubleshooting in the PC and related peripheral environment.
• Sound knowledge of PC architecture and fault diagnosis.
• Good understanding of Windows desktop operating systems and Microsoft Office applications.
• Workstation configuration and software installation.
If you’d like to find out more about this opportunity, please apply on-line today.
Sword don’t use external recruitment agencies, please apply directly for more details.
|Job Category||Full Time, Permanent|