About our company…
As an integral part of the Sword Group, Venture Information Management provide expert data and information management advisory, project, support and learning consulting services, helping their customers reduce costs and increase efficiency through effective data management.
Who we’re looking for…
The Subsurface Data Management Assistant role requires a professional with a background working within Geotechnical data management and has experience of Information Management environments, supporting business teams across function such as Exploration, Production and Drilling.
The role of the Subsurface Data Management Assistant is to deliver a proactive and responsive service to our client’s business users, responding to requests & requirements across the Data Management life-cycle and ensuring continual improvement and evolution of IM Best Practice, by enhancing data loading and management policies and procedures, required in in the IM Subsurface environment.
What this role will look like…
- Defining and applying the best Geotechnical data management practices across the subsurface data management team
- Receipt and management of requests from the Geoscience user community to deliver data at the right time in the right location
- Accountable for making available well / seismic data into the relevant Geotechnical applications
- Accountable for archiving Geotechnical projects to the company’s proprietary archiving system
- Responsible for well & seismic data distribution to third parties, governmental bodies and joint ventures consistently, ensuring submissions are within time and regulatory obligations
- Responsible for understanding quality control (QC) practices and ensure Geotechnical data loaded is compliant within agreed quality
- Responsible for managing the Geotechnical Information Management environment, in SharePoint & NT file structures, ensuring information is structured for business users to search, identify and access as appropriate
To be considered for this opportunity you should be able to demonstrate…
- Degree qualified, preferably in one of the Subsurface/Geoscience disciplines, and/or significant equivalent experience
- Understanding of Subsurface business workflows and the management of the associated data types
- Experience in promoting standards and best practice within Geotechnical data management
- Experience in key technologies such as Petrel and Petrel Studio, Techlog, RECALL, OpenWorks/SeisWorks, Kingdom etc.
- Experience in Information Management principles and document management technologies such as SharePoint.
- Experience developing access solutions using Geospatial environments
- Good understanding of all the key well / seismic data types for subsurface and associated attributes
- Effective stakeholder management
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be self-motivated, proactive with the ability to work independently
- Ability to deal with competing time demands and appropriately prioritise work
For a confidential discussion regards this opportunity please apply on-line in the first instance.
|Job Category||Contract, Part Time|