Company: Sword IT Solutions
Job Title: Technical Author
Job Type: Staff/ Contract
Sword IT Solutions are a trusted partner to a significant number of Oil & Gas sector clients in Aberdeen and employ teams of talented individuals who deliver a wide range of IT & IM Solutions within this sector.
We are currently recruiting for experienced Technical Authors who will augment our existing team on either a contract or staff basis.
This post will be based on-site with our Oil & Gas Operator client and will therefore also benefit from a great working environment and the opportunity to work alongside an experienced, motivated and talented team.
Here’s what the role will look like:
- Reporting in to the Project Lead, the primary focus of this position is to provide Technical Author support in accordance with Company requirements/governance to simplify and/or amalgamate existing Business Operating Procedures including:
- Formatting against templates
- Technical Content simplification in conjunction with the document Owners
- Assisting Owners in preparation of operating procedure roll-out material which may include but not limited to:
- PowerPoint presentations
- SMART media
- May be required to develop new operating procedures, primarily in text format, taking account of:
- Governance Standards
- Document templates
- Job Aids
- Check Lists
- Definitions / Abbreviations
To be considered for this opportunity you should be able to demonstrate:
- Sound knowledge of the following software packages as a minimum: Word / Excel / Visio / PowerPoint
- Ability to work across multi-disciplines and interact with procedure users.
- Ability to work proactively with procedure owners to produce simplified document content is essential.
- Previous experience of producing operating procedures for a major Oil & Gas Operator would be advantageous.
- Previous experience producing pragmatic operating procedures is essential.
- Application of HSE Revitalising Procedures would be advantageous.
- Application of Plain English.
- Experience in the application of Human Factors would be advantageous
For a confidential discussion regards this opportunity please apply on-line in the first instance.
|Job Category||Contract, Full Time, Permanent|