Sword ITS partner with private and public sector organisations across Oil & Gas, Finance, Manufacturing, Media and Government who count on the Sword team to deliver innovative solutions and services.
Here’s what the role will look like…
We are looking for an experienced Technical Author who will augment our existing team on a contract basis. This post will be based on-site with our Oil & Gas Operator client.
Reporting in to the Project Lead, the primary focus of this position is to provide Technical Author support in accordance with Company requirements / governance to simplify and / or amalgamate existing Business Operating Procedures including:
- Formatting against templates
- Technical Content simplification in conjunction with the document Owners
Assisting Owners in preparation of operating procedure roll-out material which may include but not limited to:
- PowerPoint presentations
- SMART media
May be required to develop new operating procedures, primarily in text format, taking account of:
- Governance Standards
- Document templates
- Job Aids
- Check Lists
- Definitions / Abbreviations
To be considered for this opportunity you should be able to demonstrate…
- Sound knowledge of the following software packages as a minimum: Word / Excel / Visio / PowerPoint
- Ability to work across multi-disciplines and interact with procedure users.
- Ability to work proactively with procedure owners to produce simplified document content is essential
- Previous experience of producing operating procedures for a major Oil & Gas Operator would be advantageous.
- Previous experience producing pragmatic operating procedures is essential.
- Application of HSE Revitalising Procedures would be advantageous.
- Application of Plain English.
- Experience in the application of Human Factors would be advantageous
For a confidential discussion regards this opportunity please apply on-line today.
|Job Category||Contract, Full Time|