Sword Venture provide expert data and information management advisory, project, support and learning consulting services, helping their customers reduce costs and increase efficiency through effective data management.
Our continued success is a direct result of our exceptional people. Technical aptitude coupled with having the right attitude and personality is what really makes our people exceptional.
We are looking to augment our busy team with a Data Scientist on an ongoing contract basis to assist in the design and management of Data Science Solutions within our Oil & Gas customer base.
We are keen to speak with experienced Data Scientists who have a passion for keeping up with the latest trends in data science and machine learning. In addition you'll possess a curious mind, be a self-starter and be able to demonstrate experience in translating unstructured, complex business problems into practical, powerful solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or any other relevant field.
- Experience in a computer science or related discipline with substantial experience in machine learning, natural language processing and/or text mining programming.
- A proven Data Scientist/Analyst with strong mathematical and statistical background with a deep understanding of statistical modelling and natural language processing.
- Demonstrable experience implementing machine learning models; from initial conception right through to deploying the machine learning solutions in production.
- Evidence of using both structured and unstructured data in big data pipelines including (but not limited to) efficient extraction, transformation and application of data.
- Strong experience with Python including data analytics packages such as Pandas, Numpy and Matplotlib.
- Knowledge of practical SQL with an ability to extract, and refine datasets.
- Hands on experience with data sourcing, manipulation and enrichment
- Experience using dashboarding and advanced visualization tools such as Power BI, Tableau or Plotly.
- Experience building machine learning models using tools such as Scikit-learn and Scikit-image and deploying them via API frameworks.
- Experience working with natural language processing techniques and tools such as NLTK, Gensim and SpaCy.
- Exposure to the Azure cloud platform including the Blob Storage, VMs, Batch, Pipelines and Machine Learning services.
- Some working knowledge of deep learning and frameworks such as TensorFlow and Keras.
- Being able to work in a matrix environment within a geographically dispersed team.
Due to the current Coronavirus pandemic this role can initially be based remotely but will in time join our team based in Aberdeen.
For a confidential discussion regards this opportunity please apply on-line in the first instance.