About Sword Venture:
As an integral part of the Sword Group, Venture Information Management provide expert data and information management advisory, project, support and learning consulting services to the UK Oil & Gas industry, helping our customers reduce costs and increase efficiency through effective data management.
Our continued success is a direct result of our exceptional people. Technical aptitude coupled with having the right attitude and personality is what really makes our people exceptional.
The complex demands of our industry are forever changing. To stay ahead of such changes, we continually seek exceptional people who will ensure data & information management excellence is maintained and innovation delivered where possible in the Consulting and Services we provide.
Who we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a Junior Technical Data Manager. The ideal candidate will be a Geoscientist or Data Management Professional embedded in our customer’s asset team and will be responsible for managing the data used in Upstream businesses related to the Technical Disciplines: Subsurface (Geology, Petrophysics, Reservoir Engineering, Production Technology, and Geophysics), Wells Engineering, and Production Engineering.
The candidate will be working closely and embedded in a team that is a very dynamic and active basin. New data is continually in need of being incorporated into existing databases.
- Single point of accountability for all technical subsurface data in the context of operations, surveillance, and development team.
- Ensures all data is loaded and managed in appropriate Master Data stores, Corporate Data and Project Data stores following Technical Data Management standards.
- Ensure consistency and integrity of data in all related stores, and the relation between them by carefully managing metadata standards and processes.
- Monitor data quality using existing tools to examine data stores in a holistic manner
- Operational data management support provided according to a variety of Subsurface Data Management standards and procedures
- Build, implement and support an integrated a Technical Data Management plan for all data in the business project, in cooperation with relevant teams.
- Implement best practices from ongoing Technical Data Management improvement efforts
- Responsibility, where delegated, to certify data security, entitlements, confidentiality and ensure access according to control definitions.
- Provide support and mentorship the business team on all Data Management matters, on-board new staff and train them on current operational Data Management procedures
- Work with other members of the Technical Data Management teams to provide agreed turn-around service levels, and effectively prioritize work items with Quality Assurance.
- A degree or diploma like a BSc Degree or equivalent in Applied Computing or Information Technology related field.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in related business domain
- Experience of working with well data types (e.g. logs, directional surveys, checkshots, production data, tests)
- Experience of loading and management of data into Openworks
- Excellent working knowledge of Linux commands and Windows permission management
- Experience of Oracle databases, SQL Plus preferred.
- Familiar with the principles and practices involved in development and maintenance of Data Management solutions
- Strong stakeholder engagement/management in a global/local/remote team environment
- Communicates well, both orally and in writing.
- Desirable experience using Schlumberger application such as Petrel
- Desirable experience on python, spot fire, Power BI.