We are offering suitably experienced UK based IT professionals the opportunity to re-energise their career and make the move to Switzerland in full time permanent staff roles.
Sword Switzerland deliver innovative technology solutions to global partners in the public sector, health industry, banking and insurance, NGO’s and of course… watchmakers!
From our base in Geneva, you will take advantage of living in one of the world’s best cities, coupled with a highly competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work with the deployment of cutting-edge technology solutions.
As a member of the Sword Solutions Architecture team you will work with the business to translate Business Strategies into requirements and solution designs that will drive the ongoing development of future software capabilities.
This permanent staff role will join an international organisation in Geneva, where spoken and written English will be the key primary language utilised.
· Develop and maintain Application and/or Technical Architecture documents which depict current and target state of business or technical capabilities.
· Ensure that business technical requirements are well understood and properly translated into system designs consistent with established frameworks and standards.
· Consult with stakeholders to develop roadmaps that depict movement from current state to target state. Propose projects that will lead to the development of the roadmap components.
· Provide support to business representatives during feasibility studies and act as focal point for ensuring designs are aligned with business needs.
· Provide support to development teams during implementation to ensure that delivered software meets design specifications
Essential knowledge and experience
· At least 7 years of relevant experience in software development, system and application architecture design, IT improvement projects with direct business impact by using industry standard methodologies and tools.
· Experience in planning and designing projects to deliver quality IT solutions to business.
· Experience in the following software design patterns: Service Oriented Architecture, Microservice Oriented Architecture, Java Design patterns, Event-driven Architecture, Distributed Architecture.
· Experience in development, implementation, and integration of complex software solutions in a dynamic, established IT environment.
· Understanding and experience of DevOps processes and best practices.
· Knowledge of public and private Cloud based architecture and solutions.
· Knowledge of software design tools such as UML necessary for clear representation of solution designs targeted at both technical and non-technical staff.
· Knowledge of RDBMS databases, database design and database administration.
· Ability to self-direct and work independently.
· Ability to learn multiple technologies and systems.
· Ability to consult with the business to identify new capabilities or enhanced capabilities necessary to enable the business to meet defined goals.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to maintain effective partnerships and working relations in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
· Knowledge of Identity Access Management (RBAC).
· ICT Project management experience, including both Agile development and Prince2 framework.
· Knowledge of NoSQL databases.
· Experience in supervising outsourced ICT activities.
· Advanced university degree in Computing, Information Technology or related field. A first-level university degree plus an additional two years of relevant professional experience in addition to the essential experience mentioned below may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
· Project Management or Scrum Master Certification are desirable.
· Excellent communication skills in English, both oral and written.
In addition to the technical skill-set required for success in this role, we also look for our colleagues to be open minded and curious regarding new technologies and able to demonstrate well developed inter-personal skills.
For further information on this opportunity please apply on-line today.
|Job Category||Full Time, Permanent|